Monday, March 16, 2009

Averisms...

Okay, so there are times during the day when when your child says something and you think to yourself, "I'll never forget they said that." But then, by the next day (or the next hour, depending on the day) you forget. We have Aidenisms and Averisms around our house. Today was a day for Averisms.

Avery: "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to get a house right next to your and Dad's house. And you can come over anytime you want to.
Me: "I can, oh Avery I would love that!"
Avery: "Yeah, and you can babysit my kids when me and my husband like go on dates or when we go to the temple or go to the grocery store."
Me: "Honey, that sounds wonderful. I will come over to your house all the time." (I am beaming at this point)

Later that day, Avery and Jeremy are outside (on this lovely 71 degree day) playing on the swing set. Avery is swinging and looking up at the sky.

Jeremy: "What are you looking at Avery?"
Avery: "I'm looking at the sky, Dad. I love the look at the sky."
Jeremy: "Me, too Aves."
Avery: "I love to look at the sky cause it makes me think of Jesus. And heaven is up there."

Thank you for helping me keep things in perspective Averini!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

So cute! I love those. Good for you for writing them down. You're right. It is so easy to forget those cute things they say.

Geoff and Morgan said...

How sweet. You've apparently been a great mom teaching your little girl about the important stuff in life. How adorable!