Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sugar and Spice- not always so nice



We took the kids to the dentist a few weeks ago. On our trip we found out that Avery has TWO cavities. Avery- who brushes and flosses with great precision- has two cavities! The reason...yep, too much sugar. It's gotta be the gum. Admittedly, I don't buy sugar-free gum for the kids. Because, well, it sucks. It's okay if you chew mint or a lame adult flavor, but sugar-free grape? I defy anyone to find sugar-free gum that doesn't have an after taste that makes you nauseous. Anyway, the dentist had a tiny needle that time released medicine in. Except, when Avery felt the pinch, she jerked her arm up reflexively. This jammed the needle in farther than was planned and the result, was a very numb, very hilarious looking Avery. We all got a good laugh.
With the kids in school and fall coming up, I decided I needed to spice up my look. I didn't want to cut my hair short so, I decided to go dark. I have never had my hair dark brown before and thought- why not? It's only been a week and I'm still not sure what I think. Jeremy likes it- which is the most important thing! I can't decide if I should keep it or not--any thoughts?

2 comments:

Sid said...

totally cute!! love it. but i also love your blonde- bit is your hair brown naturally- im all about natural color. it looks really cute on you!

Geoff and Morgan said...

I love it! It looks great on you! Also - I feel Avery's pain. I have been so meticulous about caring for my teeth, and still have had more cavities than I can count and 5 (yes, FIVE) root canals.