Friday, October 31, 2008

Feeling Grateful

Today is Halloween and the kids can't wait to go trick-or-treating tonight. But, I have to admit I have been thinking very little about candy. I have been feeling so grateful for blessings in my life. Jeremy has been in Florida on business for a couple days so it's been just the kids and me. Yesterday we went to the zoo and it was so much fun to get to spend the day just having fun.

And no trip to the zoo would be complete without injury. Aiden and Avery were being "Tom and Jerry;" Aiden, a.k.a. Tom, was chasing Avery, a.k.a. Jerry, at top speed down the pavement and, well, let's just say the cat caught the mouse this time.

We can't wait to see Jeremy tonight. He'll make it back just in time for trick-or-treating. On his way to Florida he had a neat experience. Here's what he wrote:

"I am sitting in Texas waiting for a plane and I just witnessed a very moving sight. An entire plane load of United States Service men and women just arrived from overseas and the entire airport erupted in clapping and cheering as all 300 or more kids came off the plane! It was an awesome thing to witness...."


What a truly amazing country in which we live. How grateful I am to be a mom, a wife, and to live in a country which affords us all the freedoms we enjoy. Happy Halloween!!!!

3 comments:

Sid said...

they are so dang cute neeley! that is so funny you know jenny! I knew they lived there, but i never thought in a million years you would have know them! that is too funny! Ive know jen for a long time!

Rick & Diana said...

Neely!!! Im so excited to see your blog! Now you need a facebook! The twins are getting so big. Love the pics! Can't wait to keep up with you now on you blog! -Diana

Bridget said...

Yeah, Neeley! I am so happy you have a blog!! This is the best way to keep in touch in my opinion. I am still trying to convert my siblings. They're not buying it.