Wow, what a fun Thanksgiving we had! We drove down to the lake house on Tuesday so we could spend some time together and Jeremy had some work to do in K.C. as well. My nieces,
Macey and Mara (Scott &
Calle's daughters), spent the night and the kids all had a ball. The weather was great; we're talking- no jacket needed in November weather. Here's Avery and
Macey on the top deck down by the lake.
And what photo op would be complete without crazy faces?

Mara is quite the little ham. She loves Nana and let me tell you if she can't find her, she'll call for her until she does...and in the cutest little voice!
Aiden and Mara decided to balance on the boat ramp...surprisingly no one ended up in the lake!

On Thanksgiving we all headed to Scott and
Calle's. They have such a warm home, everyone always has a good time. There were so many new babies, too!
Calle's twin sister Cara had Augie a little before Mara, so he's about 18 months and
Calle's younger sister, Heather, had Hunter only about six weeks ago. The kids played outside and Scott had a fire going in the fire pit; a great time.
Scott, Calle, Mara, and me.

Dalton and
Aiden pretending they're in a spaceship.
And yes, we got up BEFORE the chickens and shopped until we literally dropped. I'm not kidding-here's Nana after we got back.



Some views from the upper deck at the lake house.
As we headed home Avery learned how to blow a bubble! She was so excited once she got the hang of it and it was neat to watch her; I was so proud of her. And grateful. Grateful for my wonderful family and the joy they bring to Jeremy and me each day. It is overwhelming sometimes when I think of all of our blessings! So why do I still find things to complain about...yeah, I'm working on that one. Anyway- a great end to the weekend.
3 comments:
Looks like a great time! I'm jealous. We didn't have family around for Thanksgiving. :(
Wow looks like fun. Tell Scott hello for me, its great to see some pictures of his kids.
looks like such fun! i haven't seen scott and calle since geoff's wedding- way too long!
Post a Comment