We'll get the results tomorrow, but the tech thought everything looked great!
So she made it to school at 10:00. Okay, I can still get a workout in. If I don't get at least 2 good workouts a week...well, let's just say for my sanity and my family's it's necessary. I'm already only going to get one, so I really need it at this point. I have 5 minutes until the 10:30 class, perfect! Nana's picking up the kids so things are looking up. After changing in the locker room I open my bag and...really? I left my gym shoes at home...really? So, I, Yosemite Sam, drove home to get them because I am determined at this point to get a work-out in. After the gym I get home and where are the kids and Nana? Nana calls to let me know that Avery got a cut and a black eye at school...you know what's coming, wait for it...really!? Poor Avery! 
You see how the day is going and the cherry on the cake? My cold finally turned into me with no voice. Really.
It was comical by the end of the day. Thank you Elder Wirthlin for your talk which has come to be words to live by: "Come what may, and love it."
4 comments:
Oh, those days are hard. I really don't handle it well when things do not go as planned. Especially when there is a workout involved. Those are sacred to me too.
Oh my... gotta love the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days. I guess they just make us appreciate the good ones, or at least the not so crazy ones. Give Avery get well wishes from us!
I'm glad people other than me have those sorts of days. Sometimes you're right, you just have to laugh! I'm impressed at how well you handled it - go Neeley!
oh- it's a good thing those days don't happen very often! That's why i work out at 5:30 am, cause if i didn't i would not get to it, so good job!
Post a Comment